Sunday, January 29, 2012

A Message from the Proprietor

So it has been nearly two whole days since my last blog post and I know my fellow internet dwellers are gossip-mongering about this travesty of a situation. Never fear, this self-proclaimed "Blogger of the People" has not forsaken your cries for anonymous words on a screen (coupled with pictures and a sing-along-song for your viewing pleasure..... ok, maybe not the song) and has a perfectly good reason for having not updated the page in over 30 hours....

It's the Weekend

Please, hear me out before you point out my laziness (noted) and my lack of personal motivation (duly noted) because I have a perfectly good story (see: excuse) for why you should not be mad at me, but at Weekends. Bear with me as this scenario will require a percentage of your imagination.

You see, The weekdays are like that friend you have who is well-mannered and who also accepts responsibility. You spend time with him/her throughout the week doing things like going to lunch, talking about sports, playing some video games, or even going out one night just to unwind some stress. As long as you are around this friend known as the weekday you will get your chores done, you will spend time with your family and have quality time with a significant other. As long as I am hanging out with my friend, Weekday, I am a responsible adult (sometimes). However, this is all before that extremely rowdy, obnoxious, forgetful, wild, coked-up friend of yours shows up called the Weekend, and he brings a whole lot of goodness with him in the form of Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. All of a sudden, those responsibilities and obligations you had before Weekend arrived seem like distant fairy tales as you two commit some of the most egregious acts against sanity known to man. By the time Weekday comes to pick you up from Jail the following Monday it is too late, the damage is done by no fault of your own.

Anyways, that aside, I have been working diligently on some new splindiferous things to blog about.

  • Eli Manning having to protect the "House that Peyton Built" in SuperBowl 46
  • Gamer Fatigue and what you can do to protect yourself
  • Old-School Video Game Music and why it was so sexy
I also have been gathering a few images to update my "Around the Webz" and have a few ideas for updating the "Did You Know?" and "Random Nonsense From Yours Truly". You see now? Even giving in to the temptations of my friend, Weekend, I have been keeping you internet homies in mind the entire time. I think I deserve a cookie for that, chocolate chip with caramel in the center if you don't mind. You're welcome.

2 comments: